Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sorrow was burning

One morning when I opened my eyes and came back from a faded world of dreams to focus this reality, I found myself on the bank of a river. On the other side I could see a flame and few people around it. The morning was so beautiful but not for them. Even the soul of the land was crying because her children were mourning. I could feel her cry in the sound of river which looked very quiet.
A person’s soul left his body, may be or may not be with that quietness but now his dear ones gave his flesh to fire and he is all in silence. Why he died, who let him die? I would not be in sorrow if he lived his life, saw his children and even grandchildren but yes... if he was a person of my brother’s age then for sure it will make me feel … I can’t even explain.  Especially when his habits or the better word is addictions were the reasons for his loss. My brother is addicted and I know how much it scared me.
I did not want that sorrow to touch my heart but there was nothing that I could do about it. He was not the man who lived his life but he was …
Slowly flame of that fire became to settle down. People start spreading. Few minutes later one of them passed by me. I was so much into my thoughts that I didn’t bother to recognise him but I do remember to ask that who the person was in the flame. I did not know why he looked so surprised on my words. With that surprised face he looked at me for few minutes and then told me the name of the person along with the whole thing.
I was in sorrow, a deep sorrow. I used to tell him that you should get rid of your addictions. I always wanted him to stay with me not just as a brother but also as a friend but he was… was he not willing to stay with me? Water of river became more still, calm and quiet as it was accompanying me in my sorrow. The sorrow that was burning in my eyes, in that water’s heart and on the flesh of earth. The sorrow was burning in ALCOHOL.                   

No comments:

Post a Comment